CCAC is family- and community-oriented. It’s intended for single assignees as well as those with a spouse or partner. We’ve even delivered it for couples who relocated with one of their mothers!
To learn about our coaching of expat children, visit Programs for Spouses and Third Culture Kids.
The Learn More button will bring a swift response from partner Willa Hallowell, who leads GROVEWELL's expatriate support practice. Or phone her at +1-718-492-1896.
CROSS-CULTURAL ADAPTABILITY COACHING
GROVEWELL’s Cross-Cultural Adaptability Coaching, or CCAC, designates a coaching approach that we began developing during the late 1990s. Here are the principal characteristics of CCAC:
- CCAC is grounded in the same principles as our executive (leadership) coaching. For details, visit our brief explanation of how COACHING FOR GLOBAL ADVANTAGE was developed.
- CCAC is delivered by the same senior executive (leadership) coaches who deliver our COACHING FOR GLOBAL ADVANTAGE. Below these bullet-points is information about GROVEWELL’s coaches.
- Unlike executive coaching, CCAC is almost always delivered during one full day, or two half days. GROVEWELL’s coach always travels to the expatriate’s home to deliver the coaching.
- Unlike executive coaching, CCAC makes use of a GROVEWELL-developed participant manual that’s partly about the host nation, partly about the skills of adaptability. The manual aids our coach’s empathetic support of the family; it is not a curriculum or agenda for the program.
- We prefer to deliver CCAC two or three weeks after the assignee and his or her family (if any) have taken up residence in their new host community; that's when CCAC is optimally effective.
Suggestion: Devote three minutes to reading testimonials for Cross-Cultural Adaptability Coaching.
GROVEWELL’S MOST IMPORTANT DIFFERENCE: OUR COACHES
Most of our competitors make sure to use a trainer or coach with some experience in the target (host) country. GROVEWELL has significantly higher standards:
- Our coaches are fully trained, highly experienced, leadership/executive coaches.
- Coaches have both lived and worked in the target (host) country for a substantial period.
- If we have no coach with substantial target-country experience, we find a “resource person” who has that experience, and partner him or her with our coach during the entire day.
- Typically, GROVEWELL’s coaches have had living and working experience more than one foreign countries. Almost all are at least bilingual.
- Before engaging any coach candidate, we obtain references from three of his or her former executive coachees. We seek outstanding human beings capable of empathy and warmth.
- Partner Willa Hallowell personally trains each coach who is new to this role, and personally supports all GROVEWELL's coaches in this role.
|Our Uncomplicated Process||Additional Information about Each Step|
|Contact us by email, phone, or the Learn More button.||We need basic details about the assignee & family, and their destination location.|
|We'll assign a coach based near the family's location.||We do not offer virtual deliveries of Cross-Cultural Adaptability Coaching.|
|Coaches contact their coachees before the CCAC day.||So you'll need to provide us with the assignee's email address.|
|We have a standard fee structure for CCAC service.||Factors such as weekend or holiday delivery can increase our fee; inquire for details.|
|GROVEWELL has no contract that you must sign.||We do expect to receive a purchase order from you (or other payment guarantee).|
CONTRACTUAL AND FEE-RELATED INFORMATION
- Clients arrange for our coaching, consulting, or training services by means of either a formal contracting processes or an informal agreement. We adapt to each client’s requirements. We do not require a contract.
- Our fees are set by the number of deliverers and the duration of the services. (We rarely charge on a per-participant basis.) For a half-day or less of on-client-site services, we charge 75% of our full day rate.
- Additional fees might apply in some cases, such as for development, customization, or materials design. Any expenses – deliverer travel, materials shipping, etc. – are passed on to our client at cost.
- We authorize services to occur after we receive verification from our client that our invoices will be honored. Usually, verification occurs by means of a Purchase Order number.
- For details, contact Cornelius Grove using the Learn More button, or phone him at +1-718-492-1896.