At GROVEWELL, we realized that our cross-cultural field was not treating expatriation as a strategic opportunity. The missed opportunity was to develop leaders who were global-minded.
Cross-cultural training probably helps expats gain awareness of their new culture. But merely enhancing awareness misses the opportunity to expand their global leadership skill-set.
The Learn More button will bring a swift response from partner Willa Hallowell, who heads our leadership coaching practice. Or phone GROVEWELL at +1-718-492-1896.
WHY GROVEWELL DELIBERATELY CHOSE A “COACHING APPROACH”
So at GROVEWELL, we didn't offer a one-size-fits-all service. We reconfigured it into a flexible, customized, one-on-one “coaching approach” suitable for individual expats and couples.
Cross-Cultural Adaptability Coaching delivers cross-cultural information and responds to the expressed and unspoken needs of our expats. Coaches deal with personal, social, developmental, business, and global leadership needs, interweaving all into cognitive and emotional learning.
Please take a few minutes to read testimonials from expats who have received this coaching.
GROVEWELL’S MOST IMPORTANT DIFFERENCE: OUR COACHES
Most of our competitors make sure to use a trainer or coach with some experience in the target (host) country. GROVEWELL has significantly higher standards:
- Our coaches are fully trained, highly experienced, leadership/executive coaches.
- Coaches have both lived and worked in the target (host) country for a substantial period.
- If we have no coach with substantial target-country experience, we find a “resource person” who has that experience, and partner him or her with our coach during the entire day.
- Typically, GROVEWELL’s coaches have had living and working experience more than one foreign countries. Almost all are at least bilingual.
- Before engaging any coach candidate, we obtain references from three of his or her former executive coachees. We seek outstanding human beings capable of empathy and warmth.
- Partner Willa Hallowell personally trains each coach who is new to this role, and personally supports all GROVEWELL's coaches in this role.
OBJECTIVES OF OUR CROSS-CULTURAL ADAPTABILITY COACHING
Our learning objectives for each expatriate and (if any) his or her spouse or partner are:
- To develop or augment their cross-cultural and self-awareness, including learning to notice but not immediately judge cultural differences and similarities;
- To enhance their cross-cultural competence, including their ability to interact socially and professionally with members of their new organizational and national cultures;
- To expand their capacity to learn how to learn on their own so that, following our coaching, they can continue to adapt and begin to thrive in their new environment.
AND be sure to visit our page that describes our coaching for spouses/partners and children.