Earth-spanning corporations doing business today understand that they flourish due to the work of globally-minded people. Managers up to and including the CEO need to demonstrate critical competencies and embody the company's strategy, values, and intellectual capital. These "talents" operate virtually as well as across value systems, requiring a new, higher level of WorldWise communication sophistication.
Worldwide Talent Management has become the new critical success factor for corporations that wish to extend their reach as well as their grasp. This implies, in turn, a robust Global Leadership Development System. GROVEWELL's experience in developing global competencies has led us to a broad, systemic approach to global talent management. Its basics are illustrated here:
The Building Blocks of Global Leadership Development
GROVEWELL provides the following services to companies focused on developing, motivating, retaining, aligning, and managing the performance of global talent in a systematic way.
- Leader/Manager Development by means of training and developmental assignments abroad
- Performance Management System Design with attention to upgrading global-mindedness, adaptability, and competencies
- Executive Coaching using an interculturally astute approach such as GROVEWELL's Coaching for Global Advantage
- Targeted Coaching to realize the full potential of women and others with diverse values, talents, and perspectives
- Global Succession Planning to insure that demonstrated talent, performance, and adaptability are the only paths to leadership
- Virtual Team High Performance by facilitating effective collaboration and execution across boundaries, cultures, and distances
- Global Infrastructure Planning to develop a coordinated and aligned set of global management systems
The Outcome: High Performing Global Leaders and Managers
The longterm outcomes of an effective Worldwide Talent Management System are
- Consistent and increasing global goal-achievement
- Productive internal and external global relationships
- A deep, dispersed, multicultural talent pool
- All contributing to a rising global market share
Getting the right people into the right roles has a meaning quite different from that of 30 years ago. Today, managers responsible for the worldwide deployment of talent require global perspectives and borderless skills to find, develop, and energize outstanding people who are diverse, dispersed, and global-minded, and to manage them effectively.
GROVEWELL's Contribution to Worldwide Talent Management
What GROVEWELL brings to the table that very few ostensibly similar consultancies bring is an active, thorough, and application-driven grasp of the nuanced intercultural factors that affect talent management today.
GROVEWELL offers a wide variety of coaching, consulting, and training services that are indispensable for effective worldwide talent management, as you will notice from perusing this entire website. Our globally experienced and interculturally astute senior associates can help strengthen all or part of your global talent management effort.
The Learn More button, above right, will bring you a timely response from GROVEWELL partner Cornelius Grove.