If you could briefly observe a GROVEWELL leadership coach working with a corporate leader, your impression would be that you're witnessing typical leadership development coaching.
For example, GROVEWELL's coach would meet with the coachee's supervisor and possibly also with the coachee's HR partner. If all parties agree, our coach would conduct interviews with a selected group of the coachee's stakeholders, then prepare a "Stakeholder Feedback Report" for the coachee. In all cases, our coach and the coachee would collaborate in preparing a "Coaching Development Plan" to guide their efforts. Coach and coachee would have a 60- to 90-minute working session every three or four weeks....
Yes, in many ways GROVEWELL's Coaching for Global Advantage ("CGA") looks similar to other approaches for coaching corporate leaders. But if you continued to observe, you’d conclude that CGA is intentionally crafted to develop globally effective corporate leaders.
The Learn More button will bring a response from partner Willa Hallowell, who leads our coaching practice.
For basic logistical, contractual, and fee-related information, click here.
COACHING THAT’S INTENTIONALLY CRAFTED TO BE GLOBAL
CGA was conceived with the needs of global corporate executives in mind:
- GROVEWELL’s coaches all have served in corporate global leadership roles, and all have lengthy experience living abroad.
- Our coaches “culturally calibrate” CGA to be flexibly applicable for business practices and values in the world region in which they are working.
- CGA's key objective is to build each coachee’s capacity to deliver intentionally sophisticated corporate leadership worldwide.
It’s important to us that our brand of "global leadership coaching" is not a Made-in-the-USA coaching approach that's simply distributed worldwide.
WHAT WE’VE LEARNED DURING TWO DECADES OF GLOBAL COACHING
We’ve learned that, if sustainable benefit to coachee and client is the goal instead of efficient delivery, coaching must be tailored to fit the local culture in terms of content, process, and relationship.
Our coachees report significant increases in their ability, together with colleagues and counterparts from many different nations, to contribute to their company's bottom line. To visit our testimonials page, click here.
If you’d like to learn more about how Coaching for Global Advantage was developed, click here.
LOGISTICAL, CONTRACTUAL, AND FEE-RELATED INFORMATION
- GROVEWELL leadership coaches are based in or near major business centers in 30 nations across six continents.
- Clients arrange for our services by means of either a formal contracting processes or an informal agreement. We adapt to each client’s requirements.
- We authorize coaching to begin after we receive verification that our invoices will be honored. Usually, we receive a Purchase Order number from our client.
- In most cases, our coach travels to work face-to-face with the coachee in the latter’s office or home.
- Our fees are by the hour, including the coach’s preparation time. Fees begin at USD $450 per hour.
- The principal determinant of our fee is the hierarchical level of the coachee within our client’s organization.
- For details, contact managing partner Cornelius Grove using the Learn More button, or phone +1-718-492-1896.
HOW COACHING FOR GLOBAL ADVANTAGE WAS DEVELOPED
In order for genuinely global leadership coaching to deliver enduring value, attention must be paid within each locale to how it is described and positioned, to the nuances of the coach-coachee relationship, and to its overall approach, pacing, content, and process. Attention must be paid as well to the values, practices, and social expectations that underlie commercial activity within that locale.
That's why two professions — executive coaching and intercultural consulting — have made indispensable contributions to this innovative area of practice. In GROVEWELL's case, those two contributions have yielded our unique brand: Coaching for Global Advantage.