For nearly three decades, GROVEWELL's global leadership training has expanded the global leadership repertoires of corporate managers and executives.
Our training has better enabled them to respond, intentionally as well as effectively, to global relationship challenges such as leadership, trust, communication, and negotiation.
The Learn More button will bring a reply from partner Cornelius Grove. Or phone him at +1-718-492-1896.
MEETING YOUR NEEDS FOR GLOBAL LEADERSHIP TRAINING
We address objectives such as these in our global leadership training programs:
- Anticipating the constraints inherent in one's home-grown management style.
- Collaborating productively with, and effectively influencing, one's global counterparts.
- Acquiring cultural competence for responding empathetically to mindset differences.
- Gaining simulated experience with a variety of communication and relationship styles.
- Becoming familiar with the business practices and cultural styles of targeted nations.
- Leveraging a mix of human differences to attain high performing global teams.
GROVEWELL's menu of offerings falls into these two main categories:
PROGRAMS IN GLOBAL LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
These are aligned with your company's specific needs and target regions. For examples, click any of the bullet-points in the above-right column (above the Learn More button).
GLOBAL LEADERSHIP ESSENTIALS
This is a 2- or 3-day, ready-to-deliver, introductory course for leaders with little or no global experience. You'll find all the details at Global Leadership Essentials.
NOTE: If you're seeking training for international assignees (expatriates), visit our Expatriate Training portal.
OUR SIMPLE PROCESS FOR INITIATING TRAINING IS THIS
|Our Uncomplicated Process||Additional Information about Each Step|
|Contact us by email, phone, or the Learn More button.||We'll need your location, the number of trainees, and the subject/purpose of the training.|
|We hope we can assign a trainer based in your area.||But depending on the subject of the training, our trainer will need to travel to/from your site.|
|Fees depend on days & number of service deliverers.||We do not set fees based on number of trainees. However, see the next line below.|
|We request no more than 20 trainees per session.||If you have over 20 trainees, we will expect either a second session or a second trainer.|
|GROVEWELL has no contract that you must sign.||We do expect to receive a purchase order from you (or other payment guarantee).|
Two basic types of global leadership training:
- Culture-general training introduces the “culture concept.” This refers to the way culture is understood by anthropologists, interculturalists, and others who study culture professionally.
- Culture-specific training addresses the interactions among people from different cultural backgrounds (e.g., French and Chinese). This training enables participants to develop new behaviors and skills for productive work-related and social interactions.
Culture-general training may be delivered on a stand-alone basis. However, global businesses need leaders in one specific culture to be effective and productive in daily interactions with counterparts in another specific culture.
Therefore, immediately applicable training begins with culture-general training because it introduces the culture concept. It continues with culture-specific training because it addresses ways of building trust, communicating effectively, and leading convincingly across boundaries.
GLOBAL LEADERSHIP TRAINING: OUR EXPERTISE
GROVEWELL’s trainers have years of experience living & working abroad as well as leading teams and units of global corporations. Many have held senior posts with P&L responsibility. Most are bi- or trilingual. Almost all have undergone formal preparation in training and/or coaching.
Therefore, our trainers are able to bring experience-honed wisdom to leadership training engagements. They also bring "heart." They insure that participants practice using a global mindset and applying competencies that are effective in their target regions.
Unlike most other global leadership training offerings, GROVEWELL's programs are deliberately crafted to be global. Our leadership training is not a “Made-in-America” product exported for consumption globally.
CONTRACTUAL AND FEE-RELATED INFORMATION
- Clients arrange for our global leadership training services by means of either a formal contracting processes or an informal agreement. We adapt to each client’s requirements. We do not require an elaborate contract.
- Our fees are largely determined by the number of trainers and the duration of the training. (We do not charge on a per-participant basis.) For a half-day or less of on-client-site leadership training, we charge 75% of our full day rate.
- Additional fees might apply in some cases, such as for development, customization, or materials design. Any expenses – trainer travel, materials shipping, etc. – are passed on to our client at cost.
- We authorize training to occur after we receive verification from our client that our invoices will be honored. Usually, verification occurs by means of a Purchase Order number.
- For details, contact managing partner Cornelius Grove using the Learn More button, or phone him at +1-718-492-1896.